11.11.2011

why blog?

Boracay Island Sunrise

As kids, we were accustomed to traveling a lot – weekdays at home, Fridays and Saturdays at our grandparent’s house in Quezon City, Sundays at our grandparent’s house in Cavite, summers at our province in Mindanao, some weekends in Tagaytay, etcetera.

I don’t exactly remember when I realized I love to travel. What I do remember was that I took every opportunity to spend a night or two away; even if that means having to watch over my dad, lola or sister in the hospital for various reasons, for a duration of two to four nights. Oh, I remember packing for those “stays” as if it were an out of town trip, feeling as if I was going to stay in a hotel. Weird, I know.

From the time I graduated, I’ve been traveling a lot, going to places for the first time, some a couple of times, some even a lot, for work or leisure. I’ve seen places and faces, experienced sub-cultures, engrossed myself in their food and took snapshots of these things to help me remember.

Leganes, Iloilo
I try, as much as I can, to travel around the Philippines first. As we (myself and some members of our family) believe in traveling around the country first before exploring other countries. If foreign visitors see beauty in our country, why can’t we?

As time passed I realized that I love traveling so much, that there is something inside me that drives me to make me want to share it with the rest of mankind, hoping other people could likewise immerse themselves in the same experience. I started writing about it before, but never really had the guts to continue. So here I am again, more guts, writing about my adventures, misadventures, and everything else in between.

Please understand that what I write here is based on things I have read and learned from other people, and based on my trip there. I'll be recommending and giving tips based on first-hand experience; so when I say I love this or hate that, it's not a fact per se, it’s just my opinion.

Feel free to comment on what I have written and posted. Let me know if you plan to visit a place I wrote about, maybe I can give you more tips. If you have tips of your own, maybe you can leave a comment as well.

Now don't just sit there! Move your butt, pack your bags, walk out the door and travel!

Avilon Zoo, Montalban

No comments:

Post a Comment